Or Maybe Not  

Posted by RogueDash1 in

A week ago I commented that finding furniture was hard. But sometimes the furniture just shows up. I received this as a late Christmas gift from my grandmother:


Apparently grandma bought this for herself, but when she got it home, decided she didn't like the way it looked. My dad knew I was looking for a stand, and thought it would match my tastes, so he brought it home with him after Christmas.

A coat rack/hat stand is one of the many pieces of furniture I have been looking for to decorate my house. I've wanted one because I do not have a coat closet downstairs, and I wanted to be able to put my hat and jacket by the door. The hat/coat stand appealed to my sense of anachronism. This one looks good. The wood is a little bit lighter than what's in the great room, but you can't tell from across the house.

I've already put it to use.

This entry was posted on Friday, January 9, 2009 at Friday, January 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites