Putting it All Together  

Posted by RogueDash1 in ,


I have finally finished putting together my cyberpunk costume for Dragon*Con. Here is the finished result.

As I am not making any particular character from a movie or anime, I had a lot of leeway in what the costume looked like. As such, most of it is bought from various internet stores, rather than being self-made. The t-shirt and blue glowy thing are from Think Geek. The pants are from BDU.COM. The mask, belt, and shoes are from Cryoflesh. The goggles are from Jaded Minx. And of course the gun I made myself.

Now, while the costume is finally convention ready, there are still several things I want to do to it. I want to make some accessories for the pistol to hang under the barrel. I also want to make some accessories for the goggles, make them look more like a sensor suite. Complete with LEDs, which will require I teach myself basic circuitry and soldering. And I want to make some cyber-tools to hang off my belt. These will all have to wait for next year's conventions, but it's something creative to work on.

But the big thing that would be really cool to add to the costume is some cybernetic prosthetics. A cyborg arm would be awesome. I have no idea how I would go about making one, but I think that should be my goal for next year.

This entry was posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 at Friday, August 19, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites