More Home Improvement  

Posted by RogueDash1 in

It's been a long while since I've bothered with the blog. Since it's spring, we'll start off with some garden updates. All the plants I put on the patio last spring are still growing. Most of the ones on the front walk died.

I added a new plant stand to the patio today. I got it at the Winter Garden plant festival, from a place called Nature on the Rocks. Today I planted some azaleas, snapdragons, and some tropical plant whose name I've already forgotten. There is still a lot of room on the stand, but I don't think I'll manage to fill it this year. I want to see what the azaleas do, since they can get quite large.


Last summer, I added a couple of wind chimes to the patio. One is bamboo, from Black Market Mineral, and the other is stained glass, that I got from the Tampa Renaissance Festival. Unfortunately, there is very little breeze down here, so most of the time they hang silent.

I also replaced the plants on the front walk. Most had died when I forgot to get someone to water them while I was out of town. Weeds had since started growing in some of the pots. We'll see how well these do.

There's a few other things I've done to the downstairs, so hopefully I'll remember to update the blog a little more frequently than every nine months.

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at Sunday, April 10, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I took you off my blog roll because you told me you weren't updating this! ;)

I love the plant stand...that is the only rough part of traveling so much. I can't really do plants.

April 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I was inspired to start again. Or bored. One of the two.

April 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites