Warhammer Table Part 1  

Posted by RogueDash1 in

This past weekend, I started building a table top for Warhammer. My friends and I had previously just marked out a four foot by six foot space on the floor and played, but I decided it was time to actually make a gaming surface. So I went out last weekend and got all the supplies I needed, shanghaiing a friend with a truck to haul it all over to my dad's place. Dad has all the tools.

Warhammer is usually played on a six foot by four foot area, so the table top itself is a sheet of 1/2 inch thick MDF cut down to that size. I framed the whole table with 2x2. To make storage easier, since I don't have a space where I can just leave it out, I cut the whole thing in half and set it on hinges so it will fold up and I can put it away.

I still need to put some kind of terrain on the table top. I'm thinking of making this table for my Tau army, so this will be a snow covered table. Eventually, I'll make a second one for my Empire (fantasy) army, which is the more typical grassy terrain. I also need to get some legs made for the table, so we can stand up and play. Right now I'm thinking of keeping them separate, so I can swap out table tops. But that's all a project for another day.

Here are a few pictures showing the table.




This all took only a couple hours to make. It's a fairly simple design, and Dad had all the appropriate saws and drills and other tools. He's something of a handy man, so he's collected quite a few along the way. It made for a good father-son project, and of course we celebrated by going out to happy hour. It's good to be able to build things yourself.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at Wednesday, January 28, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites